The Sexual Assault Resource and Counseling Center (SARCC), recognizing the impact of sexual assault on all individuals, families, and communities, counsels and support clients, advocates for the rights of victims and educates for the elimination of sexual assault.
From 1983-1985, victims of sexual violence in Lebanon County were served by local volunteers working with the Harrisburg Rape Crisis Center. Because the number of clients was sufficient to justify a separate service provider, an independent organization was chartered in Lebanon County. In 2009, SARCC expanded geographically into Schuylkill County at the request of the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape (PCAR). SARCC is the sole provider of sexual assault services in Lebanon and Schuylkill Counties.
The following accomplishments helped support our mission during the 2013-2014 fiscal year:
- Handled 2,136 victim-related calls.
- Worked with 996 clients, providing 3,712 hours of counseling and case management.
- Served on committees with medical professional and law enforcement personnel to enhance services to victims.
- Presented 1,349 prevention programs for 31,646 students and adults.
- Provided in-school programs and information packages to middle and high school students in four school districts.
- Collaborated with Lebanon Valley College, Leigh Carbon Community College & Penn State Schuylkill in the Live the Green Dot Bystander Program.
- Developed volunteer community councils for Lebanon and Schuylkill County.
- Named Non-Profit of the year for both counties.
- Recognized by Vice President Joe Biden's 20th Anniversary report of VAWA (Violence Against Women's Act).
- Increased services to include a Trauma Informed Care counselor for all victims of crime.
- Collaborated with community gatekeepsrs in establishing a Children's Resource Center in Lebanon County.
- Awarded a Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) of $240K in a statewide competitive grant process.
- Established an agency endowment fund.
- Free and confidential crisis counseling and intervention 24 hours a day
- Prevention education programs to schools and the public; hospital, court and police accompaniment
- Information and referral
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) counselors
- Prison support groups
- Accessible facility
- Services for survivors with mental health issues
2010-2011 Annual Report (Lebanon & Schuylkill Combined)
2011-2012 Annual Report - Lebanon
2011-2012 Annual Report - Schuylkill
2011-2012 Auditor's Report - Lebanon & Schuylkill Counties Consolidated
Auditor's Report - Lebanon County
Auditor's Report - Schuylkill County
2012 - Auditor Report
2013 - Auditor Report
2014 - Auditor Report
2015 - Auditor Report
2016 - Auditor Report